|Route 148 is retained with same operator with same buses|
Here's a quick update from LOTS, reporting on the new tender awards.
The following TfL contracts have been announced today:
· 72 (24 hour) re-awarded to London United with new Euro VI battery hybrid double decks (subject to removal of weight restriction on Hammersmith Bridge) PVR 18, start date 3 September 2016. The award is for the main through service Roehampton to East Acton. There is also a supplementary short working service (PVR 12) between Roehampton and Hammersmith which is not part of this tender award.
· 148 (24 hour) re-awarded to London United with existing Euro 5 New Routemaster, PVR 25, start date 1 October 2016
· 156 re-awarded to Abellio London with Existing Euro V diesel double decks, PVR 17. Start date 10 September 2016
· 690 re-awarded to Arriva London South with Existing Euro III + SCRT and Euro V diesel double deck. PVR 0 - one bus from 133 allocation and one bus from 176 allocation. Start date 3 September 2016
· 137/N137 re-awarded to Arriva London South with Existing Euro V New Routemaster double deck. N137 operated by Euro VI hybrids from 319 allocation. PVR 31, start date 17 September 2016
· 160 re-awarded to Arriva Kent Thameside with existing Euro V diesel double deck. PVR 12, Start date 17 September 2016
· 199/N199 re-awarded to Stagecoach Selkent with Existing Euro V diesel and three new Euro VI diesel double deck, PVR 12. N199 allocation battery hybrid taken from day routes 47, 54 & 75. Start date 17 September 2016.
· 381/N381 re-awarded to Abellio London with existing Euro V battery hybrid double deck vehicles currently allocated to routes 3 & 211. PVR 19, start date 8 October 2016.
· 660 awarded to Arriva Kent Thameside (currently Stagecoach Selkent) with one double deck from 492 allocation. Start date 17 September 2016
· P13 re-awarded to Abellio London with existing Euro V plus five new Euro VI single decks, PVR 11. Start date 8 October 2016.
Routes 9/N9, 209/609 and 390 (24 hr) received +2 year contract extensions.
Interesting that routes 148 and 137 have been re-awarded to the same operators with the existing 3 door 2 staircase hybrid buses known as the New Routemaster, which is manufactured by Wrightbus. Plus routes 9 and 390 recieved a 2 year extension to the contract with the existing bus operating company.
The rest of the routes will use their existing buses for the new contract, except for route 72 which will be having new hybrid double deck buses.
The question is are we going to be seeing new tender awards for zero emission electric buses? Let me know your view in the comments section below.
Also, don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Google Plus which is
"London United bus LT128 (LTZ 1128), route 148, 16 March 2014" by Au Morandarte from London, Middlesex, England - London United LT128 on Route 148, White City. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:London_United_bus_LT128_(LTZ_1128),_route_148,_16_March_2014.jpg#/media/File:London_United_bus_LT128_(LTZ_1128),_route_148,_16_March_2014.jpg