A quick news update on the London Bus scene; Arriva London has won the contract to operate new hybrids on London Buses routes 2, 19 and 249.
The following TfL contracts have been awarded:
· Route 2/N2 - re-awarded to Arriva London South with new Euro VI hybrid double deck, PVR 26, start date 1 April 2017
· Route 19/N19 awarded to Arriva London South (currently London General) with new Euro VI hybrid double deck, PVR 28. Start date 1 April 2017.
· Route 249 awarded to Arriva London South (currently London General) with new Euro VI hybrid double deck, PVR 13. Start date 1 April 2017
· Route 455 awarded to Metrobus (currently Abellio London) with 2011 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 11. Start date 4 March 2017
· Routes 624/628 re-awarded to London Central with 2010/2011 Euro V diesel double deck, PVR 4. Start date 31 December 2016 (for first school day in 2017)
· Route 625 re-awarded to London Central with 2010 Euro V diesel double deck, PVR 2. Start date 31 December 2016 (for first school day in 2017)
It will be interesting to see which new hybrid bus type Arriva are going to purchase for their new contracted routes.
The question is, will it be a stylish bus type like the Alexander Dennis Enviro400H City or the Wright SRM (2 door New Routemaster design) Volvo B5LH, or even a standard off the shelf hybrid design bus?
Post your thoughts in the comments section below and let me know what you think.
As always, you can follow me on Twitter and Google Plus which is @CLondoner92
By Rept0n1x - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15275108