Monday 25 December 2017

Transport News Roundup for 2017

As we approach the end of year, I’ve decided to do a round up of selected transport news items which took place during 2017.

January

February

March

April

May

June


July

August

September

October

November

December

What I expect to happen next year is to see an increase of zero-emission electric buses as the rollout of three-door two-staircase hybrid New Routemasters comes to completion. I’ve published an article about the New Routemaster bus opens the door for more stylish conventional buses which is worth a read.

Thameslink will be calling at London Bridge station which is expected to happen in May 2018. Also in the same month, TfL will be taking over Heathrow Connect services (Heathrow to Paddington) as preparation for the upcoming Crossrail Elizabeth Line
.
The main section of the Crossrail Elizabeth Line (Paddington Crossrail station to Abbey Wood) will be launching in December 2018, the rest of TfL Rail services will be rebranded as Elizabeth Line. The full route is expected to open in December 2019.

And lastly, I would like to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I can’t believe how quickly 2017 went - hopefully 2018 will be better.

I invite you to follow me on Twitter and Google Plus by searching for @CLondoner92

Transport videos of 2017






















Share this page