Monday 14 March 2016

VOSA recalls 468 New Routemasters




This just in, VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services Agency) has just recalled 468 New Routemaster buses which were built between 1st March 2012 - 9th September 2015.


The concern is the Power Assisted Steering may become non-functional. On the description, it says “The PAS pump is electrically operated. The wiring connections within the inverter may not have been correctly formed.” Their remedial action says “On affected vehicles check inverters looms and where necessary replace inverter.”

The link is from the VOSA vehicle recalls page. For archival purposes I have backed it up on archive.is in case it gets removed.

A large number of routes will see standard buses operating on the route, so I would check out London Vehicle Finder to see if the standard buses appear in service on the routes allocated by New Routemasters.

This was just a quick news update on the New Routemaster project; don’t forget to read my previous article where I talk about about the LT62 return and the next route conversions. This New Routemaster project is history in the making!

I do not oppose the New Routemaster project and I do like the bus as it's a 3 door 2 staircase hybrid bus. I am glad the New Routemaster design has evolved to other bus types hence the reason we have the Enviro400H City which is manufactured by Alexander Dennis.
 

Updated 20:50pm 14/03/2016
I noticed the launch date for recall occured on 15th October 2015 so I don't know if this is old news or not as someone just recently sent me the link. It's still newsworthy though for anyone who may have missed it. I hope this doesn't affect the new orders.

Please share this article and follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Google Plus which is @CLondoner92

Share this page