This is a follow up to my previous article about the Tower Hamlets consultation.
Below is an update from the TFL Consultations as they have released the reports for changes to routes 108, 135, 277, D3, D7 & D8.
From TFL consultations
13 July 2016
In February and March we consulted on proposals to make changes to routes 108, 135, 277, D3, D7 and D8. Thank you to all those who provided their views on our proposals.
We received 530 responses from members of the public and 11 responses from stakeholders.
Changes to our proposals
We’ve listened to the comments put to us through the consultation and have amended our proposals as a result;
· We will divert route 135 along Spindrift Avenue to ensure links between the Health Centre and the east of the island are maintained. One of the key points raised during the consultation was the loss of links to Spindrift Avenue, by re-routeing the D3 to Leamouth. From Westferry Road buses on route 135 would go along Spindrift Avenue, East Ferry Road, Manchester Road, Marsh Wall, Limeharbour to Crossharbour Asda
· We will keep the frequency of the D7 at it’s current level with buses running every 6-7 minutes during the day Monday to Saturday
· Double deck buses will be introduced on route D8 providing additional capacity
The rest of the proposals will be introduced as consulted on over two different weekends;
· Routes 135, 277 and D3 from 17 September
· Routes 108 and D8 from 1 October 2016
It's worth noting that route 108 will be using Mercedes-Benz Citaros from the Red Arrow routes 507 and 521 which will commence after the Red Arrow routes are replaced with single deck electric buses.
Also, a short update from LOTS about the new London Bus tender award:
Wednesday 13 July
LBSL intends to enter into the following contract:
436 - re-awarded to London Central with 2011 hybrid double deck, PVR 21 (reduced from 31). Start date 19 November.
This is awarded as specified, subject to consultation, incorporating the restructure to terminate at Battersea Park instead of Paddington. A 22nd vehicle used in the PM peak is crosslinked from route 63.
Here you can read a brief history about route 436. The route commenced operation in 2003 with Mercedes-Benz Citaro Artics. They were then converted to double deck buses in 19th November 2011.
For all the latest transport news, you can follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Google Plus which is @CLondoner92