Advertisment

Friday, 10 March 2017

Fare Rises for Nottingham City Transport




Nottingham City Transport (NCT) are increasing their fares from 26th March 2017. It will be the first time in three years for cash fare payers, and the first time for five to seven years for weekly, monthly and annual ticket holders for NCT services. This will be a mix of good and bad news for commuters in Nottingham.


Nottingham City Transport will be making changes to its fare structure from Sunday 26 March 2017, following increased operating costs.

For cash customers, these are the first increases in fares for 3 years and for Easyrider customers, the first increase in prices for between 5 and 7 years.

As part of the changes, NCT will be:

Freezing the £2 Adult single fare in Nottingham and introducing a discounted £1.90 single fare on the NCTX Buses app

Raising the price of the £3.50 all day ticket to £3.70 if bought on the bus, but freezing it at £3.50 if bought through the NCTX Buses app

Increasing the age young people can continue to pay discounted rates from Under 18 to Under 19

Freezing Under 19 cash and Travel Centre Easyrider prices for the seventh year

Increasing Easyrider prices for the first time for between 5 and 7 years

Expanding the range of tickets customers can buy on their smart phone using the NCTX Buses app to include Single and Under 19 tickets

Reducing Grouprider tickets to half-price (£5) from 09:30 every weekday instead of 17:00 (full price will be £10 on weekdays before 09:30)

Introducing cheaper Local Fares to encourage customers to travel to local shopping centres

Reducing the price of the Network Rider ticket, which covers NCT services to Loughborough, Southwell and Woodborough, from £7 to £6

Extending the City Area and Easyrider boundary to include Gedling Country Park

We appreciate nobody likes to pay more and we have once again held prices for several years and absorbed cost increases during that time. Regrettably, we are no longer able to keep absorbing those cost rises and have to pass some of them on to our customers.

There are also revised Robin Hood, Cash Day, Pay as You Go and Season ticket prices from the same date.

From 26 March 2017, our fares will be:

ON BUS CASH TICKETS:
Adult


  • Standard City Single – frozen at £2 – with a new discounted £1.90 Single available through the NCTX Buses app
  • All Day Ticket – £3.70 – but avoid the price rise and keep paying £3.50 if you buy your ticket through the NCTX Buses app (where you get 24 hours travel) or switch to a Robin Hood PAYG
  • Short Hop – £1.30
  • NEW! Local Fare – £1.30 for journeys to/from the main local shopping districts. Click here for more details.
  • Inner City Return – £2.40
  • Eventrider – £2.50
  • NightBus – frozen at £3
  • Network Rider – reduced to £6
  • Robin Hood – £4.80


Fares on the 1, 26/C, 46, 47 and 100 to the Outer Area are also revised – see below.

More information on new fares can be seen here

Nottingham City Council have an 82% stake in Nottingham City Transport  and the remaining 18% is owned by Transdev, a French-based international private public transport operator.

As my regular readers will know, you can follow me on Twitter and Google Plus which is @CLondoner92

Related articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this page