Tuesday 8 November 2022

London Bus Tender Awards: Route 86/N86 Retained With New Double-Deck Electric Buses

A new London Bus Tender Award by Transport for London (TfL) reveals a bus route in East London will be served with new double-deck electric buses.

LBSL intends to enter into a new contract for the following route with the operator listed below:

Route

Current Operator

New Operator

PVR

Vehicles

86/N86

Stagecoach East London

Stagecoach East London

30

New electric double deck

The new electric vehicles may enter service after the contract start date, dependent on infrastructure and/or vehicle delivery timescales.

The start and end dates for the above contract as follows:

15th July 2023 - 12th July 2030

As Stagecoach London retained their contract to operate route 86 with new double-deck electric buses, they have an option to use the Enviro400EV City jointly manufactured by BYD and Alexander Dennis (ADL) or a brand-new ADL Enviro400EV integral with a new body design.

I will post a review on the new ADL Enviro400EV integral in due course.

In other news, I’ve tweeted a vacancy from the TfL Careers website, as TfL is seeking a candidate to hire a new senior brand development manager for London buses.

If anyone working in TfL reads the articles on my website and my Twitter, you’re welcome to take on my ideas to improve your services.

I’ll wrap up the article by showing you a few more tweets from last week, which were showcased at the Euro Bus Expo in Birmingham’s NEC Arena.

I invite you to follow me on Twitter by searching for @CLondoner92 or by clicking on the direct link to my Twitter page here.

Share this page