Thursday 4 January 2024

The First London Bus Tender Awards Of 2024: Route 211 To Continue Using New Routemasters

I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The first London Bus Tender Awards of the year 2024 have revealed that route 211 will continue to use three-door, two-staircase hybrid New Routemaster buses, with Abellio London gaining the contract.

Route: 211
Current Operator: RATP Dev London United
New Operator: Abellio London
Peak Vehicle Requirement (PVR): 14
Vehicles: Existing New Routemasters
Contract Start Date: 29th June 2024
Contract End Date: 29th June 2029

Route: E3
Retained by: RATP Dev London United
PVR: 20
Vehicles: Existing hybrid double deck
Contract Start Date: 1st June 2024
Contract End Date: 28th May 2027

All of the hybrid vehicles detailed above will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

Unfortunately, there's no new electric buses included for this round of the London Bus tender awards.

Here's a roundup of my tweets on Twitter/X.

I invite you to follow me on Twitter/X by searching for @CLondoner92 or by clicking on the direct link to my Twitter/X page here. I'm also on BlueSky and Mastodon.

Share this page