As of yesterday (19th February 2018), the last ever built three-door, two-staircase Hybrid New Routemaster bus entered service on route 267!
The LT1000 is used by RATP-Dev London United for their route 267 contract which is fully served with New Routemaster buses; this marks the end of an era for the New Routemaster rollout!
It’s been six years since the first New Routemaster prototype (LT2) entered on route 38 which happened on 27th February 2012 - very bizarre how time flies.
The New Routemasters are on (daytime) routes 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 21, 24, 38, 48, 55, 59, 68, 73, 76, 88, 91, 137, 148, 149, 159, 168, 189, 211, 253, 254, 267, 390 and 453, East London Transit routes EL1, EL2, EL3 and night routes N3, N8, 10, N11, 12, N16, 24, N38, N55, 76, 88, 148, 149, 159, 189, 390, 453 and EL1.
Here’s a photo of the LT1000 by @RandomBusesGirl
The total cost of the New Routemaster project is £346 million - a massive figure for a three-door, two-staircase hybrid bus.
The spin off New Routemaster buses such as the Alexander Dennis Enviro400H City and Wright SRM (two-door, one-staircase) with the Volvo B5LH hybrid system was purchased by private bus operating companies for their London Bus route contract. TfL won’t purchase these buses as it’s up to private bus operating companies to purchase them at their choice.
There are only 6 Wright SRM with Volvo B5LH which are used by RATP-Dev London Sovereign for route 183, you can view the fleet on London Vehicle Finder
Currently there are no new purchases for the Enviro400H City and Wright SRM by private bus operators.
I published an article titled ‘The New Routemaster opens the door for more stylish conventional buses’ which is worth a read to learn more about the radical changes to bus designs.
Here are some more New Routemaster articles which I’ve published over the years:
- 2014: Comparing the New Double deck bus types
- Open boarding returns on Route 453 in form of New Routemasters
- Failed Route tests for New Routemaster conversion
- TFL releases fuel consumption figures for the New Routemasters'
- TFL Plans to have 200 more New Routemasters
- Latest News for New Routemaster
- No more Heatherwick designed buses for London?
- Last New Routemaster route conversion for year 2014 date confimed
- London Buses 'Route 15' to convert to New Routemasters
- New cost for individual extra 200 New Routemaster buses now revealed
- The tale of the 'open boarding buses' (Bendy Bus and New Routemaster)
- Three years since the New Routemaster commenced operation on route 38
- First West Yorkshire releases consultation responses for their ‘New Bus for West Yorkshire’ project
- Rear door modification for the New Routemaster
- Specs for the new BYD Double Deck Electric Bus compared to the New Routemaster
- Reading Buses to trial the New Routemaster
- New Bus from Alexander Dennis (Enviro400H City)
- New window openings for New Routemasters
- Video: The New Routemaster rear door
- Route 26 to have buses with ‘New Routemaster Features’
- The "Enviro400H" City launch
- REVEALED: Short New Routemaster is unveiled
- Update on Short New Routemaster
- TFL plans to extend New Routemaster fleet to 1,000!
- Bus operators pay £1 per New Routemaster bus a year for rental
- London Mayor confirms order to extend New Routemaster fleet to 1,000
- New Routemaster: LT62 returns & more updates
- VOSA recalls 468 New Routemasters
- The Son Of (New) Routemaster with 2 doors 1 staircase!
- New Routemaster, Enviro400H City & Volvo SRM comparison
- Short NRM and window openings for NRM’s
- Short New Routemaster ST812 enters service on route 91
- £2 million higher fuel cost for New Routemasters
- New Routemaster routes branded as their own network?
- New Routemaster conductors to be cut
- Media names the wrong bus in the 2nd October 2016 bus fire near Liverpool Street station
- Volvo launches the B5LHC double-deck electric hybrid with SRM (2 door New Routemaster) body!
- New Routemasters come to East London Transit services
- Fare evasion on New Routemaster buses
I invite you to follow me on Twitter and Google Plus by searching for @CLondoner92